Over 150 employees have responded to the survey on the HarbinSTRONG portal asking “What are you doing to thrive during COVID-19?
It is great to hear that everyone is practicing social distancing, sheltering in place, washing hands, taking minimal trips to the grocery, cleaning frequently and overall following the CDC recommendations to stay safe and help stop the spread of the disease.
In addition, employees are practicing self-care and taking advantage of more time with family. Here are some of the ways Harbinites are thriving…
- Making sure to keep in touch with family and checking in on them regularly.
- Going outside as much as possible to be in the sunshine and fresh air.
- Facetime to keep up with friends and family
- Taking care of my health by cooking meals every night and also bringing my own lunches.
- Doing fun activities @ home
- Continuing to be active with indoor and outdoor activities… Trying to keep things as normal as possible for my children during this time of confusion and so many changes.
- Morning devotional time & solo home workout.
- Staying home except to go to work and pick up groceries. Exercising multiple times, a week. Taking multivitamins. Texting or calling family and friends to check up on them.
- I am being overly cautious about hygiene. I am trying to stay positive to help with my mental health. I am attempting to exercise at home due to gym closings.
- We are completing projects together that have been put off.
- Encouraging everyone to get exercise, help with meal planning/prep, and trying to maintain a “normal” schedule wake up/go to bed on time.
- Daily walks with the hubby and dog in the neighborhood. Staying home and cooking instead of eating out or getting delivery.
- Prayer is a must, to ask for strength and protection.
- We have been doing a lot of activities as a family. We just got some chickens so my boys, ages 3 and 4 are learning responsibility by helping care for the chickens and collect eggs every day
- We are focusing on making more meals at home as well as learning new recipes that we can continue to use once the coronavirus is over!