Play a sport, or go for a walk
(HealthDay News) — A regular exercise routine can help the whole family develop lifelong healthy habits and better health.
The Letsmove.gov website recommends:
- Scheduling an activity for a 30-minute block at least three times a week. Consider playing a sport, taking a family walk or doing household chores.
- Use a calendar to schedule and track your exercise and watch how your family progresses.
- Don’t cancel exercise if something comes up. Be flexible and reschedule for a better time.
- Share your healthy routine with friends, and invite them to join.
- Get started with a simple dance party, hula-hooping, walking instead of driving, walking the dog, or with an activity such as a hike instead of eating dessert.