Avoid Overindulging at Holiday Office Party
(HealthDay News) — A holiday office party can easily derail your healthy diet.
The American Heart Association suggests these alternatives:
- Sign up to bring a heart-healthy dish to the office.
- Eat a healthy snack beforehand
- Make sure you’re not too hungry at party time by eating a nutritious, protein-packed meal, followed by a high-fiber snack.
- Skip dishes loaded with cream, butter or cheese and anything fried. Instead, look for whole grains, fruits, veggies and grilled choices.
- Enjoy dessert, but find a colleague and split one together.