Fuel Session: Diabetes 201
Thursday, March 29 at 12 noon – Administration Boardroom, 2nd floor, Main Clinic (please note location change)
Building on what was discussed in Diabetes 101, Peggy Williamson, RD, LD, CDE will discuss more details about the Top 10 diet changes to help keep Diabetes under control. Attendance at the Diabetes 101 is not required. Great session to attend if you, a family member or close friend has diabetes.
Please register in advance via the HarbinSTRONG calendar on the Intranet.
Group walks at Ridge Ferry Park – Mondays at 5:30 p.m.
Meet at the main pavilion in Ridge Ferry Park
Weight Watchers – Tuesdays at Noon in the Administration Boardroom at the Main Clinic
Employees are welcome to join at anytime. Please email Sarah King, email@example.com, for details.
Lunch Walk through Summerville Park – Thursdays at 12:05 p.m. Meet at the back door/employee entrance to the Main Clinic
Health Tip: Managing Weight Gain
Suggestions to help keep your weight in check
(HealthDay News) — Having plenty of support from friends and family can help you meet your weight-loss goals.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these motivational suggestions to help you lose weight and keep it off:
- Motivate yourself each day by mentally reviewing why you need to lose weight and maintain that loss.
- Seek help and support from friends, family or members of a support group.
- Eat a healthier diet that includes less sugar and fat. Opt instead for foods that are high in fiber and low-calorie.
- Don’t skip meals or starve yourself. These methods may actually cause you to binge eat and gain weight.
- Set a maximum tolerable weight, and examine your habits if you approach your threshold.
- Keep a journal of your food intake and exercise habits. Aim for at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each day.